Calvert County Health Department
Potassium Iodide Protective Areas Defined
You are in the 10 mile Protective Zone for Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant if you reside in one of the following areas:
- Residents within Calvert County off of Rt. 4 at any point south of Full Gospel Assembly of God Church and the Prince Frederick Rescue Squad.
- Residents on Dares Beach Road east of Wilson Road, including the communities of Dares Beach, Bayside Forest, and Chesapeake Heights on the Bay.
- Residents on roads proceeding south from Dares Beach Road (excluding residents on Dares Beach Rd. west of Wilson Rd.) including Goldstein Road, Double Oak Road, Terrace Drive, and Tobacco Ridge Road.
- Residents in the Prince Frederick area living in communities east of Main Street and south of St. John Vianney Catholic Church - Prince Frederick Villas, Calvert Towne, and Symphony Woods.
- Residents in the Westlake Community west of Rt. 4 in Prince Frederick.
- Residents on Hallowing Point Road between Prince Frederick and Adelina Road, including residents on roads proceeding south from Hallowing Point Road - Paulowinia Lane, Mason Road, Toye Lane, Heather Road, Hidden Spring Trail, German Chapel Road, Thunder Hill Drive, and Spring Hill Court.
- Residents on Adelina Road, including residents on roads proceeding east from Adelina Road—Valley Lee Court, Blossom Lane, Sixes Road from the 4500 block east to Rt. 4, Old Adelina Road, Monnetts Road, and Honey Cove Lane.
- Residents on roads proceeding south from Sheridan Point Road to the Patuxent River.
Public Schools Within the 10 mile Protective Action Zone—Calvert County
- Appeal Elementary
- Dowell Elementary
- Mill Creek Middle School
- Mutual Elementary
- Patuxent Elementary
- Patuxent High School
- St. Leonard Elementary
- Southern Middle School