Calvert County Health Department
Social Media Policy
One goal of the Calvert County Health Department (CCHD) is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our social media profiles.
We encourage participants to be civil and abide by the usage guidelines established by the social media platform. In addition, please be aware of the following:
- We monitor CCHD sponsored social media profiles and pages, but are not responsible for the content generated by users.
- Comments, links, and images posted by non CCHD personnel may not necessarily represent the views of CCHD.
- Content posted on the CCHD’s social media accounts becomes a public record.
- Our profiles and pages may contain website links and advertising from the social media platform. This does not constitute endorsement by CCHD.
- We do not allow profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, advertising, or political campaigning in our social media efforts. Such content will be removed.
- Other posts that may be removed include hate speech, nudity, intellectual property infringements, and defamation to a person or people.
- We also will remove posts that are considered inappropriate, off-topic, excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the online community and our social media efforts.
Discussions of political views and philosophies should be addressed in other forums.
- Please do not post personal information such as address, social security number, health conditions, and other confidential/private information.
- CCHD will answer questions during state business offices hours as time permits. Be cautious of answers from other users. The information may not be correct.
- If you have an immediate concern, we recommend contacting the specific division, program, or property using telephone or e-mail. Visit http://www.calverthealth.org/directory.htm to find contact information for CCHD.
- Information shared on CCHD’s social media platforms are not intended as a final rule for legal situations. There may be specific subjects, such as litigation, licensing processes, permitting, etc., which we will not discuss using social media outlets.
- We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech and to respond politely.
Violations of the above guidelines may result in the author being banned from all CCHD-sponsored social media efforts. This can occur without warning and at our discretion. Please contact email@example.com with questions.