Calvert County Health Department
CCHD Copyright and Privacy Notice
Copyright Status: Most information at this site is in the public domain. Unless otherwise stated, these documents may be freely distributed with modification and used for non-commercial, scientific, educational, or personal purposes. However, you may encounter documents or portions of documents contributed by private companies or organizations. Other parties may retain all rights to publish or reproduce these documents. Commercial use of the documents on this site may be protected under U.S. and foreign copyright laws. In no event shall materials from this Web site be stored in any information storage and retrieval system without prior written permission from CCHD.
This Web site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other laws. Unless otherwise indicated, the Content, including, but not limited to, graphic images, buttons, layout, trademarks, logos, text, and other materials contained in this Web site are the exclusive property of the Calvert County Health Department, and/or its related, affiliated and subsidiary organizational units, or its third party licensors.
CCHD and/or its related, affiliated and organizational units do not warrant that any information, software or other materials accessible through one of their Web pages is free of defects, viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components.
Objectionable Information and Materials
When accessing or making use of any service provided on the Web pages of CCHD you may not:
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous defamatory, obscene,
pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including
without limitation, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would
constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local,
national or international law, including without limitation, the U.S. export control laws and regulations
- post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful component; restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web site; post publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information, software or other material obtained though our Web pages for commercial purposes (other than expressly permitted by the provider of such information, software or other material)
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute in any way, information, software or other material obtained through our Web pages which is protected by copyright, or other propriety right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or right holder, or upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of our Web pages themselves or derivative works with respect thereto, except where expressly permitted in writing.
Disclaimer of Liability
For documents available from this site, the Calvert County Health Department does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
CCHD does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions or authors expressed on CCHD is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does CCHD endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered at these other internet sites.
Some CCHD sites may provide links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of World Wide Web users. CCHD is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does CCHD endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
Medical Information: It is not the intention of CCHD to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide users with access to general information to facilitate a better understanding of public health issues. Specific medical advice will not be provided, and CCHD urges you to consult with an appropriate, qualified medical provider for diagnosis and for answers to your personal questions.
Use of Electronic Signatures
In order to conduct certain transactions with cCHD by electronic means, you, or your authorized representative, will be required to use an electronic signature when such signature is necessary. We will ask that you also agree to all terms and conditions presented in an Electronic Signature Agreement. Please be aware that an electronic signature is as legally binding as a handwritten signature.
This web site is provided as a public service by the Calvert County Health Department.
Of the information we learn about from your visit to http://www.calverthealth.org we may store
the following: The domain name from which you access the Internet, the date and time, the
internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site, the name of the file or
the words you searched, and the browser used to access our site. This information is used
to measure the number or visitors to the various sections of our site and identify system
performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us expand the coverage of the site to assist users in finding health information. We do not use “cookies” on our web site, unless specifically stated otherwise.
If we request personal information from you we are obligated under State law to provide you with the following information:
- the purpose for which the personal information is collected
- any specific consequences to the person for refusal to provide the personal information
- your right to inspect, amend, or correct personal records, if any;
- whether the personal information is generally available for public inspection; and
- whether the personal information is made available or transferred to or shared with any entity other than the official custodian.
We do not give, share, sell or transfer any personal information collected on this site to a third party, unless otherwise specified. You are not required to provide information to us. If we request information and you refuse to provide it to us, your refusal will not be held against you or prejudice our relationship with you.
When inquiries are e-mailed to us, we store the questions and the e-mail address information so that we can respond electronically. Unless otherwise required by statute, we do not identify publicly who sends questions or comments to our website. We will not obtain information that will allow us personally identify you when you visit our site, unless you chose to provide such information to us.
Information that you consider confidential should not be sent to us over the Internet.
Questions about CCHD privacy policies should be directed to our web technician.
Contact: 410-535-5400 or e-mail: email@example.com